Today is one of those days where I am incredibly grateful to be alive. Occasionally I sit back and look at my incredible blessings (sunny days will bring that out in anyone) and am in awe at everything the Lord has given me, the least of which is sunshine. But oh! how sunshine can make the biggest difference in the ability to see those blessings, which is reminiscent of the principle of light and darkness in the Gospel. The more light and truth we have in our lives, the more we see and understand about the world, appreciate the beauty of nature, trials, and people, and increase our happiness and joy. In fact, we need those moments in life -when the sun shines through the clouds - to keep us going through the winters of our lives. But if we don't take the time out of our busy lives to actually notice the light and look around, seeing the beauty, than we miss the moments of hope the Lord wishes to bless us with.
I live for days like today. Majestic early mornings, with the sun shining through the mountains; the company of positive, uplifting people who see the worth in others; the conquering of recurring goals that have never been met before; new resolutions to make the next phase of my life the best one yet. When life looks this bright and hopeful, it seems like I could be happy forever. But in reality, nothing is really different this week than last week, except it's warmer and sunnier. My situation in life hasn't changed. I still have the same weaknesses and struggle with the same problems. But, I am (hopefully) done being scared of the future. Being scared of my life and the person I could become. I'm going to finally work towards the goals I've set for myself, and finally achieve them. I know it won't be easy, but that's okay. I can do hard things, right? :) We all can. That's the beauty of life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment